follow me on twitter

Saturday, January 8, 2011

How I would hate being one of Michael Jordan's sons

I feel bad for Marcus and Jeffrey Jordan, sons of former basketball great Michael Jordan, who starred for the University of North Carolina before going on to the NBA to win six titles with the Chicago Bulls. Well, let's be honest, I don't feel as bad for Jeffrey as I do for Marcus, whose almost 17 points per game leads the undefeated and 19th ranked University of Central Florida Knights, and has many comparing the younger Jordan's game to his pop. Of course, Jeffrey, a senior at UCF, is also on the squad, but I am assuming that he must not get much playing time(having not seen a UCF game myself yet this season) cause I couldn't find any stats for him.  So maybe he's on the team more because of his last name? If that's the case, then I take back that remark that I don't feel as bad for him as I do his younger brother.  That the Knights are undefeated and ranked 19th has many in the media wanting to compare this team to the great UNC teams that Michael played on.  Marcus, only a sophomore, is only a year older than Michael was when his UNC team won it all.  But even though these two kids have the pedigree, is it fair to compare them to one of the greatest basketball legends there ever was and will ever be? I'd take bets that Marcus can't tie his sneakers around a pick-up court without someone challenging him to a game of one on one, savoring the chance to posterizing the son of "Air Jordan."  The reality of the situation is, unfortunately, that no matter how much we want either Jeffrey or his brother to be the next version of their father, they will ultimately fall short in some compacity.  Which is only natural, because, after all, Marcus and Jeffrey aren't clones or carbon copies of their dad anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment