follow me on twitter

Saturday, November 9, 2013

College Football, Week 11: Roll Tide

As the 2013 college football season slowly but surely winds down, all eyes are focused on which teams will be playing for the BCS National Championship.

As luck would have it, tonight's showdown between 13 LSU and defending national champion (and undefeated) Alabama couldn't have bigger BCS implications, at least for the Crimson Tide. The Tide's hopes of remaining No. 1 in the nation rest solely on whether they can handle their biggest test of the season yet.

And while most of the nation outside of Tuscaloosa is hoping for LSU to pull off the unlikely upset, I don't see it happening. I know this rivalry has been heated the last few years. I also understand the last time the Tigers went into Tuscaloosa they beat the Tide.

But the difference between this game and the one last season is simple: AJ McCarron's leadership. The senior signal caller has helped the Tide become more efficient than they were last season, when they averaged over 445 yards per game. His biggest assest though, might be the fact that he has turned the ball over a mere 3 times this season.

So even though I would like to see Alabama lose, as it would help my Ohio State Buckeyes move up in the BCS rankings, I think once the dust settles tonight they will still be the No. 1 team in the nation. My prediction: Alabama 30, LSU 27

No comments:

Post a Comment