follow me on twitter

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Basketball fan in Kansas get jobbed

Hey sports fans, any of you watch today's top ten plays on Sportscenter? Did you see the top play yesterday?
If you didn't, I will fill you in: a high school basketball fan in Kansas gets the opportunity during halftime of the game to win tickets to this year's Final Four. All he has to do is make a half-court shot. The guy swishes the shot, only to find out the high school does not have the tickets for him because they didn't believe he would make the shot. Instead, as a consolation prize they give him a gift certificate to a Mexican restaurant. Are you kidding me?!! Nothing says final four like a tortilla, right? Wrong. In my opinion, there are five events that if given the chance no sports fan should pass up (in no particular order): the Super Bowl, the World Series, the Daytona 500, the Rose Bowl, and the Final Four. And this guy was denied a chance to go to the final four all because no one believed he would make the shot? I am not sure how dinner at a Mexican restaurant makes up for final four tickets, but, in my opinion, it does not. But then again, I do not live in Kansas either.

No comments:

Post a Comment